Detailed Narrative Description of Project:
This was a sub-project under Dhaka Urban Transport Project (DUTP) undertaken with the World Bank financing. Saidabad/Jatrabari flyover extends over the elevated section further west to cross the Narayanganj railway line beyond the Saidabad intersection. Section of roadway between Saidabad and Jatrabari junctions is the gateway from Dhaka to areas South and South East of the Country. The scope of services included review of the earlier geometric design of the Jatrabari flyover, Saidabad Intersection, and Saidabad Inter District Bus Terminal to be integrated as grade separated connecting roadways, cross-sections and alignments.
Detailed Description of Actual Services Provided by your Company:
- Review previous designs and develop a limited number of options for screening,
- Screen the various options and select the most viable option for further analysis,
- Quantify the economic viability of the selected option in a coarse way,
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment of the selected options,
- Make recommendation for 5.3 km long (including ramp) with multi span box girder Flyover of two levels at Saidabad Inter Section (Span length 30m to 50m) starting from Jatrabari Inter-section up to Railway crossing at Saidabad,
- Preparation of Preliminary Design including cost estimates,
- Recommendation of the feasible option to the Government of Bangladesh for subsequent actions.