The project aimed at:
- Development/ Construction of a River Container Terminal/Depot at the Dholeswari River at a location nearly 30 Km south of Dhaka with handling capacity of 120,000 TEU p.a. and storage capacity of 2,500.
- Acquisition of five second hand vessels with 100-140 TEU capacity to operate vessel service between Chittagong and Dhaka
The main components of the consultancy services are:
- Technical, environmental and social, and market review of the project which included all technical issues, associated with cost/expenses, Operation & Maintenance Plan, ESIA, ESAP, ESMS, current and expected market development, etc.;
Design, supervision of management and civil construction;
- Provided local assistance to the Team Leader and other experts i.e. Environmental and Social Experts, Technical Experts, Market experts, etc. in the matter of initial data review, collection of local data, laws and regulations, design standards, cost estimates, information on IWT, container traffic and freight market, arranging meetings, interviews, local tours and transports, site visits, carryout ESIA, preparation of ESAP, O&M Plan,
- Assistance to Project Management and Reporting;