Study on Bus Route Rationalization and Route Franchising as a means to reduce the contribution of vehicle emission to Dhaka air pollution: Public Transport Survey and Routes Mapping for Dhaka
|Narrative Description of Project:
The objective of the study was to collect base line data on bus service provision in Dhaka to better understand its problems which would in turn help design sub-projects to be undertaken during preparation of Clean Air and Sustainable Environment (CASE) project designed to address emission from bus transports.
|Actual Services Provided by your Staff
The following services provided as individual contract by Director of DevConsultants Limited
- Preparation of inventory of bus routes, buses numbers and owners from licensing records of BRTA.
- Conducting survey to estimate number of buses which include minibuses, human haulers etc. actually operating on routes.
- Estimating the operating cost of buses and minibuses including survey of three large bus operations and assessment of the various types of fuel in use by types of buses.
- Establishing a reasonably accurate set of baseline data which can be used for planning and developing strategies for future consolidation and reform of the urban transport industry.
- Inventory of cycle rickshaws from licensing records and conduct survey to determine the real number of rickshaws being operated in Dhaka.
- Preparation of digital maps of bus routes of Dhaka City.