The ADB funded Road Network Improvement & Maintenance Project-II aimed to:
- Support the maintenance of the road network;
- Upgrade the strategic regional roads and feeder roads in poor areas in the Northwest & central north regions of Bangladesh;
- Provide better access to the boarder point of Bangladesh &
- Complete some missing links in the main road network.
The project had the following components:
- Road Improvement Component (widening and reconstruction up to national road level standard):
- Total contract packages: 4 nos., Kishoreganj- 62 km, Pachnchaghar- 53 km, Nilphamari- 84 km and Chittagong- 27 km;
- 90m long PC girder bridge at change 13+700, Bhaluka-Kishoreganj Road;
- 90m long PC girder bridge on Panchagar-Banglabandh Road;
- Periodic Road Maintenance Component: Rangpur- 7 contract packages, 217 km; Dhaka- 7 contract packages, 231 km;
- Performance Based Road Routine Maintenance Contracts): Rangpur- 55 km, Dhaka- 50 km
- Road Safety and Axle-Load Control Component: Comilla- 64 km; Dhaka- 56 km, Rangpur- 75 km
Detailed Description of Actual Services Provides by your Company:
- Road Improvement Component:
Reviewed the detailed design, supervised construction of works as per FIDIC setting up QAS, approved the contractor’s work program; Inspected material sources, laboratory plant & equipment; approved and issued working drawings; made measurement and kept measurement records, certified work volume and interim certificates of progress payments, completion of works; Inspected the works during defects liability period and certified the defects liability certificate; undertook benefit monitoring & evaluation of the project; checked and certified as-built drawings; and provided complete records and completion reports.
- Periodic Road Maintenance Component:
Carried out Selection of the project roads for the annual road maintenance plan; prepared maintenance needs, criteria, and design along with bidding documents for the civil works contracts; procurement of civil works, Supervision Construction of works as per FIDIC (approved the contractor’s work programme; inspected materials sources, laboratory, plant and equipment; monitored and managed project progress; ensured conformance and quality control; financial control; ensured compliance with the environmental and social requirements; recommendations for the next maintenance cycle; checked and certified as-built drawings; provide completed records and completion reports).
- Routine Road Maintenance Component (Performance Based Maintenance Contracts):
Established a performance indicator; prepared the basic design; proposed contract packages and produced tender and contract documentation; produced cost estimates for the works; procuring of the civil works; trained the RHD staff on Routine Maintenance; monitored the progress of the civil works; conducted a feasibility study and planning of works for privatizing RHD’s road maintenance equipment and workshops.
- Road Safety and Axle-Load Control Component:
Conduct traffic accident surveys; conduct a heavy vehicle survey; develop a road safety improvement program.
- Overseas Training:
Transfer of technology & staff training.
Inception report; monthly progress report; project completion report.